Zone Championship 2016-17
MWM Zone 2016 CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Date - Friday 9th December, Saturday 10th December & Sunday 11th December 2016.
- Venue – Holroyd Sports Ground, Cnr Peel & Robert Streets Merrylands (Hosted by Holroyd LAC)
- The Zone Championships guide of events is attached. This guide includes the days all the events will be conducted on at the Zone, Region & State Championships. A more detailed Zone list of events will be provided as soon as possible after the close of entries.
- Please note that the Zone, Region and State programs all differ again this season. The U/8-U/17 (Region) and U/9-U/17 (State) athletes and parents must be made aware of the Region & State Championships list of events to ensure that athletes and parents know when the events that they have entered are programmed for if they progress through from Zone to Region and then to State.
- It should be noted that at the State Championships there will be times when 2 tracks will be operated at the same time and there may be some clashes for some age groups. Please consult the State List of Events for the timing of your preferred events before entering so that you allow sufficient recovery between events.
- This year zone will again be using an electronic entry method for the Zone Entries, however this method does not allow for the athletes times to be included in for laned events. The athlete’s event performance needs to be provided on separate spread sheets.
- Athlete names are to include Surname and Given name. Should there be 2 or more athletes in your Centre that have both the same surname and same given name, the these athletes need to have a middle initial added to their given name.
- Athlete entries must be lodged to Andy / Canteen with the deposits before Friday 11th November 16.
- Parental contact name and phone number is to be nominated with your athlete entries. This person will be contacted should there be a need to answer any questions should they arise after the close of entries.
Reminder there is only 4 events per athlete (U7-U12) excluding the relays. The U13-U17 athletes however may enter up to 6 events excluding the relays.
- Reminder also that there can only be 4 athletes per event (U7-U12). For the U13-U17 age groups there is no limit). Please note that all athletes must be registered LANSW athletes. No late entries or changes to events will be accepted after the close of entries so please double check your entries prior to lodging them & again upon receipt of the confirmation list.
- A confirmation listing of GLAC entries will be on display as soon as possible after the close of entries. Please check this carefully to ensure all your details & selected events are correctly entered into the Zone Computer System.
MID WEST METROPOLITAN ZONE CHAMPIONSHIPS
At Holroyd Sports Ground, Cnr Peel & Robert Streets Merrylands
Friday 9 December 2016 5.45pm First Call for a 6.00pm Start
Saturday 10 December 2016 7.45am First Call for a 8.00am Start
Sunday 11 December 2016 7.45am First Call for a 8.00am Start
REGION 7 CHAMPIONSHIPS (MID WEST MET, SOUTH WEST MET & CENTRAL WEST MET ZONES)
At The Crest Athletics Track, McClean St Bass Hill
Friday 17 February 2017 6.15pm First Call for a 6.30pm Start
Saturday 18 February 2017 7.45am First Call for a 8.00am Start
Sunday 19 February 2017 7.45am First Call for a 8.00am Start
LANSW STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
At Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre
Friday 17 March 2017 First Call Time 5.05pm for a 5.30pm Start
Saturday 18 March 2017 First Call Time 7.35am for a 8.00am Start
Sunday 19 March 2017 First Call Time 7.35am for a 8.00am Start