ATHLETE DISCIPLINE POLICY
Athletes have the right to participate in an environment that is:
clean safe friendly cooperative secure
Athletes have a responsibility to:
? Keep themselves safe
? Act safe and sensibly
? Consider others and respect all in the Little A’s community
• Athletes will be polite by avoiding abusive, rude language.
• Athletes are to remain with their age manager while attending Little Athletics.
• Athletes are not to climb trees, fences or football posts, or throw rocks.
• Athletes are to obey the rules of competition eg. uniform, spikes etc.
• Athletes are to listen to and carry out the instructions of the age manager, committee member or nominated official.
• Athletes should inform the age manager if they wish to leave the group eg. visiting the toilet, leaving early, canteen etc.
DEALING WITH INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR
Minor incidents may include inappropriate language, back chatting or the disruption of the group’s procedures.
These will be dealt with by the Age Manager. This may involve discussing the offence, eliciting an apology or speaking to the child’s parents.
Major incidents may include bullying and teasing, spitting at others, fighting or using threatening or abusive language.
Age managers will inform the Officer For Age Managers, who will record the incident in the offence book, including the date and nature of the offence. This is to be signed by the Officer For Age Managers, the Age Manager and the offender. The Officer For Age Managers will discuss the behaviour with the offender’s parents. Should the Officer For Age Managers be absent, the President or Secretary will undertake this role.
A second offence may result in suspension from the ground.
CONTINUING INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR
If the inappropriate behaviour continues, the Officer For Age Managers will inform the President and/or senior executive and a conference with parents, athlete, senior executive, Officer For Age Managers and the age manager will be conducted.